Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Homebound Smakk
To comment on the hot story of the day about Elizabeth Smart being found, that truly is wonderful news. I hope this is that story with a terrible beginning that has turned out as a great and miracle ending. (And by the way, this "Amber Alert" stuff on the highway is the best use of a normally useless traffic system...so props to whoever for that one.) But I gotta tell you, I feel there's something weird about this one and the shit's gonna hit the fan soon. First off, with all the technology and power of the government today, how could a teenager get kidnapped and then be found freely roaming the streets with her abducters only about 20 miles away? The whole thing is just freakin' me out tonight...what a buzz waster.
Top five kiddnapping flicks, I think (I'm struggling with this because hostage flix are a separate catagory):
5. Suicide Kings
4. Breakdown
3. Fargo
2. The King of Comedy
1. Raising Arizona

Too serious of a topic tonight so here's a joke:
A muffin walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Hey. We don't serve food here."
That's good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home