Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Sober Smakk
So I haven’t had any drinks since Saturday and it’s freaking me out. Is TV always this boring? How come my ceiling won’t rotate anymore? Where are my little penguin friends that sing to me before I go to sleep? Crazy…
Take last night. Went and saw “Hitch” for Valentine’s Day. Didn’t sneak in a flask, didn’t go for drinks before or afterwards, didn’t have a nightcap before bed, didn’t make 13 drunk dials and pass out with the phone in my hand. Just doesn’t feel right. Plus, what about my responsibility to those other people that depend on my drinking? There are the 37 bars within 3 miles of my place, State Street Bottle Shop, Yellow Cab, The Buckle (I like to buy my jeans with a buzz), IHOP, etc. How does my sobriety affect them? And why am I thinking so much? Where’s my numbing haze? Why is it so easy to walk down my stairs? Did my car always work at night? Is Teletubbies a kid’s show? Do you all really look like that? Too many questions, too much thinking, too much sobriety….
Top five movies that are questions
5. What About Bob?
4. They Call Me Bruce?
3. What’s Up, Tiger Lilly?
2. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
1. Dude, Where’s My Car?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home