Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Groupie Drawer Smakk
Even though the implementation was extremely disappointing on last night’s Real World, the idea itself was absolute brilliance. Of course I am referring to – The Groupie Drawer. For those of you that did not see the episode (I have it Tivo’d – feel free to come over to Club 1407 anytime), the Groupie Drawer is a collection of phone numbers on various bar naps and beer coasters that the guys have collected from supposedly hot bunnies (this was questionable based on last night’s results on the show) while out on 6th Street. The idea being that they randomly pick out one of the numbers from the drawer and invite that girl and her friends over to party, even though they don’t exactly remember which girl is which.
Now the obvious challenge to this idea is that you are collecting these numbers usually while smashed and therefore beer goggling can be a major concern. Luckily for me, I keep a constant state of inebriation in tact therefore if I was beer goggling when I first met the bunny, I will most likely see here the same way when I call her back over.Currently I collect numbers of new bunnies in my cell, and my good friend Nicki has tried to teach me to also take an accompanying photo on my phone to attach to the number, more so that I will just remember who the bunny was. Both good tactics but something about the attraction to the randomness of the Groupie Drawer idea that seems very appealing. Now since I am not on the Real World, the “Groupie” nomenclature (impressive vocab – I know) does not seem quite to fit. So starting today, I will start collecting numbers of random hotties and they will be placed in my drawer now forever known as - The Bunny Patch.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I will start collecting numbers of random hotties and they will be placed in my drawer now forever known as - The Bunny Patch."


    I have a question about the word "drawer." Do you mean drawer as in a dresser drawer? Or drawer as in your pants drawer, as in being pants. As used in the sentence, "I went out and got myself a brand new pair of silk drawers." Or as in the slang, drawrs.

    Because if it is the latter, then that would be interesting. First, that you'd call it your bunny patch, which would mean you'd be refering to yourself as having a bunny there. Or a patch. Or where the bunnies play.

    Secondly, that you'd be walking around with an underwear full of numbers. That seams a little weird. Not to mention you'd have to remove the sock to make room.

    Don't 'cha think?

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger BigRob said…

    Ok, so therefore when you want some bunny patch you go to the bunny patch, makes perfect sense to me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home