Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Age Smakk
I just don’t get the logic that goes into the age restriction on drinking. I mean how can you legally restrict drinking to 21 years and older when at 18 you are a legal adult. You can vote, be drafted, drive a car, have a job, be married, be a parent, etc. That is complete bullshit that you can do all that but not buy a beer. (On a related note, I found this Legal Age of Consent site very helpful. Ahhh - one more year for the Sundown Twins.) So because I’m too lazy to actually rally to change this law, I will just start my own underground movement to buy alcohol for any persons under the age of 21. For those girls that fall between 18-21, I will not only buy the alcohol but as well help them consume as much as possible while in my presence. Yes, my nomination for sainthood should be coming shortly.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What an old argument. Legal adult at 18? Drafted, which they don't have anymore. Married? You can do that at age 14 in some states...Arkansas, I'm looking in your direction. Or maybe it's 12.

    But it must be remembered, we have to ease these newbies into adulthood slowly. Should it go to fast, you end up with Spears, Federline, Reid, and all of the child stars that have lost their way. I'm sure that there are more to mention, but I'm too tired.

    Besides, if it were legal under 21, where would the fun be? 95% of the enjoyment of drinking at 17 was because it was illegal.

    Enough of my point-counterpoint. I think I need a drink.

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a question! I know bunnies eat carrots, but what do you do when you try to feed them meat? They don't eat meat!

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger BigRob said…

    Being as I'm old school to most of ya, I was lucky enough to beat the 21 limit. Back in the day, they changed it to 18 because of all the things you said. So we were drinking our ass off at 19. By the time they changed it back, we were 21, so it worked out great. All this twin talk, would love to see what that's all about. Sounds interesting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home