Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Forecast Smakk
The weather guys in DFW are a complete joke. Every night I see some tornado or hail or thunderstorm freakin' warning - and everyday it's the same sunny humid hot time it was like the day before. I went like three weeks without washing my car (well, that and my new fear of breaking down in car washes from those who have read my earlier posts). So now that I've finally given the LRover a bath, I'm sure tomorrow will be torrential downpours all day. Which reminds me the one time they got right last week was when I passed out on the couch and left my damn sun roofs open.
If they're going to keep having weather forecasts like this, why not give a shot at predicting other news events instead of just reporting what's already happened. You could even give odds and make a little sport from it:
Saddam found alive - 50:1
XM satelitte finally profits - 20:1
Mavs win 1 from Sacramento - 10:1
Bush completes speech error free - 5:1
Ben dumps JLo - 3:1
JLo dumps Ben - 2:1
JLo's dump get bigger - even money

Anyway - top five weather flicks:
5. Singing in the Rain
4. Cast Away
3. Plains, Trains & Automobiles
2. Twister
1. The Perfect Storm

The sea was mighty angry that day, my friend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home