Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Sunday, March 30, 2003

Black Sash Smakk
As you know, my boycott of cable tv has left me to watch the regular network stuff. So, I checked out three new shows this evening as follows. First there was Oliver Bean. Basically it's a complete ripoff of the Wonder Years trying to be edgy. I think the guy doing the voiceover might even be the same. Very weak overall. Next there's the modern day Dragnet. This one was actually okay, but it's just another formula cop show with a whodunit that can be figured out in an hour. Lastly, there was the jewel of my evening - Black Sash. This was a masterpiece. It was like Saved by the Bell meets Karate Baywatch. From what I could follow, it's about a former cop that was framed for herion trafficking while undercover in Hong Kong who has returned to his roots (Chicago, Boston, LA, Grapevine - they never said) to teach martial arts to troubled teens while bounty hunting bad guys. That's good stuff. It usually takes me a while to find a series I can watch that I'm sure will be cancelled within 6-7 episodes. Oh I remember the greats like American Ambassey, Girl Fight, My So Called Life and the greatest series of all time - Cop Rock. Black Sash will replace them all. So tonight in honor of Black Slash:
The top five martial arts filcks with Dragon in the name:
5. My Big Fat Skank Wedding (trust me - the bitch was a dragon)
4. Pete's Dragon (well if you hit the herb first it seems like kung fu)
3. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
2. Enter the Dragon
1. The Last Dragon

Shoo 'Nuff or in the great words of Frito - "I'd apostrophize that!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home