Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Monday, August 23, 2010

Babes Smakk

Yes, it has been about 3 months since my last post but due to the massive public outcry (or someone mentioning that I should start up again because they need another site to surf instead of working), I had decided it's time to start Smakking again. Soooo....

On Friday evening, the Bunny, Smakkette & I decided to have a nice little couples family dinner with Wu Tan Clan at Babe's Chicken in Carrollton. I already knew it would be a memorable evening when I discovered that Lil Wu was off with Grandma Lightskin, so Wu & L are baby free for the evening. So the Bunny & I arrive at 6:00pm with Smakkette in my arms to the 3 top shelf marg beaming glow of Wu and the only slightly dimmer L. As we dive into the mounds of chicken and tasty sides, the fun really begins when the assortment of other patrons decide they have to visit our table.

The Bunny & I have been pretty blessed to have such a pretty, happy baby in Smakkette that loves to wear her giant flowers and bows, and smile at all the strangers as they pass by. And it's always so nice to have one of those strangers stop and admire her, tell how beautiful she is and want to touch her little hands or face. Welllll...not so much when the he looks like the crypt keeper from Tales From the Crypt. At least Smakkette kept smiling and laughing at Nostradamus when he slithered up to her to say hello, as Wu & I looked for sharp objects to keep the zombie from eating our brains.

Next came Mr WJW - Wheelchair Joke Writer. This rolling ball of laughter had to wheel up to our table for a good 10 full minutes of telling jokes that "he had written". He also strategically parked his chair right behind my seat so I'm sure he could execute a pit maneuver on me in case I tried to escape. Luckily (as he told us himself), he only shared the clean ones for tonight. If Smakkette would have been in closer reach to me, I would have pinched her legs just to get some screams to drive this Christopher Reeve clown out of our area.

All in all, the food was good, the beer was cheap (it's byob) and the company was good. Though I did make more than my normal number of visits to the porcelain throne on Saturday....

1 Comments:

  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger pearl said…

    i am going to use this idea for the health of my friends

     

Post a Comment

<< Home