Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Friday, April 23, 2010

Claim Smakk
While making a lunch pit stop at the house today, I find an interesting letter in the mail from The Hartford Insurance Company. "Dear Mr Smakk...blah, blah...trying to reach you about your claim...blah, blah...please contact us....blah, blah." Since I don't have Hartford as my carrier and I haven't been in any fender benders or other suit worthy actions that I can recall (lately), I decide to give Jenny (the rep on letter) a call and see what's up.

Smakk - "Yes, I calling about a letter you sent me referencing a claim #..."
Jenny - "Is this Mr Smakk?"
Smakk - "Yes"
Jenny - "We've been trying to reach you about the claim regarding your accident with frieghtliner?"
Smakk - "Huh?"
Jenny - "The freightliner you were operating that was in an accident."
Smakk - "I wouldn't exactly call my boat a freightliner and I haven't been in any accident." (Yes, at this point I even realize a freightliner is a brand of semi truck, not a ship carrying freight.)
Jenny - "Boat? Are with blah blah trucking company?"

Needless to say, apparently there is another Smakk out there that is an off road truck driver. Now if he would have really been the captain of a freight bearing ship, I might have paid the claim thinking it was an accident from one of my weekend sails... Ahoy all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home