Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Monday, October 02, 2006

16 Mile Smakk
On Saturday morning, I made the great error of agreeing to follow The Bunny on my bike while she did her 16 mile run so I could carry her water bottles. Here basically how it went:
Mile 1 - sweat already starting to form on brow
Mile 3 - cold sweat pouring off my back
Mile 3.2 - realize water bottle in backpack is open and cold sweat is actually water pouring down my back
Mile 5 - Bunny stumbles after getting whiff of previous night's Captain coming off my body
Mile 6 - realize have odometer on bike handle; time comes to complete stop
Mile 7 - my legs are starting to go numb while Bunny says, "Ok. I'm warmed up now."
Mile 10 - Bunny takes sharp right and I eat concrete to avoid putting tire tread marks down her back. Knee now bloody.
Mile 10.5 - knee throbbing as blood trickles down leg
Mile 12 - lost the ability to speak; can only hear my own panting in head as Bunny keeps talking and talking
Mile 14 - start trailing 50 yards behind Bunny; prayers for downhill slope go unanswered.
Mile 15.7 - can see house; hold back urge for uncontrollable weeping
Mile 15.9 - Bunny says, "I going to circle around the block one more time"; Bunny doesn't see my response by hand gesture
Mile 16 - Couch!! Oh glorious, glorious couch...

1 Comments:

  • At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should have ended with a dip in the 70 degree pool with me. Good times!

    Mile 11.5 hit 635 and start wondering where you are how much a cab back would be.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home