Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Lizard Smakk
I’m in traffic yesterday evening on my way to Sherlock's and the car in front of me has a freakin’ lizard sitting on the spoiler. Just a small green tree lizard that’s sitting there staring at me. Of course at first, I thought this was some kind of novelty toy or just my own drunk hallucination of a Geico commercial. But no – there is a real lizard running back and forth on this guy’s spoiler while we’re heading down I35 south. So I start tailgating him while steering with my knees because I’ve got a Coors Light in one hand and my cell in the other trying to get a picture. Unfortunately the picture did not turn out, but I did finish my beer. I was also prepared to drop the phone in case the little fellow came flying off so I could attempt to snag him through my sunroof. Does this shit only happen to me?
Top five lizard movies:
5. Valley of the Gwangi
4. Fierce Creatures
3. Godzilla
2. Jurassic Park
1. Bambi Meets Godzilla

10 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smakk! No, these things don't always happen to you. They just happen more often. Call it some kind of weird offshoot of karma. Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon. Or in this case, lizard. You are the lizard king. You can do anything.

    I'm just glad you finished your beer. It would be a shame to let such a good thing go to waste. Much like a mind. That would be terrible. Unless its a terrible mind, then waste it. Or a wasted mind, which in some circumstances isn't all that terrible.

    I think I need a beer.

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    dude let me know next time you're going to be driving down 35, drinking beer, and trying to take a picture of a lizard so i can take an alternate route.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Jake said…

    You can go ahead and put One Crazy Summer on that list cause Bob Golthwait does try on the Godzilla suit...

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Nicki said…

    Poor lil lizard. But I believe he is better off on the spoiler at 75 mph than with you....

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Gigi said…

    That lizard bastard has some talent. Was he wearing a Ken-sized t-shirt or neon colored shorts?

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    sorry, I could not help myself

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessicaKnox/Giraffe.jpg

    your lizard does not compare to these giraffe.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Nicki said…

    That is pretty fucking amazing! It's not everyday you drive down the street and see a f'n giraffe or the oscar myer weener van!
    I live giraffe.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger CaptSmakk said…

    Po - you need many beers

    Chris - you got it

    Jake - nice call!

    Nicki - he was kinda cute in a small green way

    Single - I take the 5th

    Lindsey - you would have had the lizard taking shots with you

    Gigi - he was naked. damn nudist reptiles

    Jessica - nice pic. kind of a Noah's ark looking theme

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Gigi said…

    Jessica stole your thunder. Does that hurt?

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For your amusement.

    http://www.stargods.org/LizardPeople.htm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home