Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Thursday, February 06, 2003

Memorex Smakk

I'm trying to decipher the age-old adage, is it better to remember or not? I think back on my own experiences. There are the times I reflect fondly as well as the times I regret, and the many times I don't remember at all. But with reflection there always seems to come regret or pain. Much like pleasure/desire seems to encompass either the forbidden or the new. And I'm not just speaking of The Lambada. (I'm sure maybe one of you gets that one.)
So does remembrance consists of pleasure and pain? We reflect and crave the pleasure once felt, while haunted by the pain that will stay forever of those things lost. The cure is simple...something new or something forbidden. Forbidden is wrong thus being forbidden. (Unless you're in a different zip code - then it's okay.) New is different, new is better, new is not the past. If you could go back, you may not need new. But would you go back if you could, knowing new is around the corner?
So obviously I answered that...
Top five films about Time Travel:
5. Time Bandits
4. The Terminator
3. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
2. Planet of the Apes & Twelve Monkeys (primate tie)
1. Back to the Future

And as a bonus category...
Top five TV shows about Time Travel:
5. Antique Roadshow (expand your definition)
4. Sliders
3. Voyagers
2. Quantum Leap
1. Doctor Who

If you're lost, you can look and you will find me, time after time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home