Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Wednesday, February 05, 2003

Stumpy Smakk
This is a real question from me. Say you meet a person in a wheelchair because they have no legs. Yeah I know, "lost" your legs is the pc way to say it, but what the hell does that mean. "Excuse me Sir, you seemed to have misplaced your legs. Can I help you find them?"
How do you refer to their condition? Is it handicapped, disabled, physically challenged...I know "Hey Stumpy" isn't right.
And why does this need to be labeled at all? So homeboy has no legs. Where are all the colloquiums (is that the right word?) for a dude with no personality or say one kidney? Limbless gets it's own special category - how about people that just suck or have a missing organ.
Also, what's the deal with all the parking spots? You go to WalMart and they have about 20 spots for handicap parking. Besides the guy greeting me at the door, I have never seen more than maybe 1 other wheelchair in that place at a time.
Anyway...
Top five films with a stumpy or wheelchair bound:
5. Deuce Bigalow & Silver Bullet (tie)
4. The Way We Were
3. Born on the 4th of July
2. Rear Window
1. Forrest Gump

Break a leg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home