Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Sign Smakk
One of my trademarks is my ability to get so drunk that I lose all ability to speak verbally and revert to my own drunken sign language that mostly consists of shrugs and raised hands. Conversations mostly go as follows:
Girl - “Hi. My name’s (insert random cutie name i.e. Lindsey, Liz, etc)?”
Me – head nod with half smile; try not to fall backwards from lifting head off bar
Girl – “What’s your name?”
Me – double shoulder shrug with more smile; eyes focused on her breasts
Girl – “You won’t tell me your name?”
Me – another two shoulder shrug with hands raised; eyes still on breasts
Girl – “Hellooo? My face is up here.”
Me – slow head raise with eye brows lifted (smile dependant on her face and my level of alcohol)
Girl – “So are you going to tell me your name?”
Me – turn head towards other cutie noticed walking past; do the one finger “excuse me” towards her about 10 seconds after she has already passed by
Girl - “Are you ok?”
Me – double shoulder shrug with one eye brow raised; eyes back to breasts
Girl – “What is your problem?”
Me – raise head back up to face her; give her “the eye”
Girl – “Let’s get out of here and go to my place”
Me – grab her hand; stumble towards exit; wave to bartender shaking head in disbelief

Top five deaf people movies:
5. Cop Land (actually one of my favorites but he was only deaf in one ear)
4. See No Evil, Hear No Evil
3. The Miracle Worker
2. Children of a Lesser God
1. Tommy

7 Comments:

  • At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm surprised you remembered my name.

     
  • At 2:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah...right...you're an idiot. no really

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't forget the *need another round of drinks*sign. You even do that one in your sleep.

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger CaptSmakk said…

    Great point Lirva. And such a tricky word scramble also...

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger CaptSmakk said…

    I can't be ognajd. Remember...I only know G & C chords.
    And thanks for being a very good friend - can always use more of those.

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger erl said…

    god im so selfcentered that i was assuming that you were talking about me...

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger CaptSmakk said…

    you mean like - your so vain you probabaly think this blog is about you...
    sounds very familar to me...hmmmm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home