Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Tuesday, February 18, 2003

A-Hole Smakk

I heard that old story today about how Eskimos have something like 100 words for snow, and how us greedy mainland Americans have so many words for money. Basically saying cultures have the most words for what's most important to them. But when I thought about it, I really think we have more words for asshole than any other word. Now I'm sure you expect me to list out all those (both for the literal and figurative meanings) but I've decided to take the high ground and let you do that on your own time. Plus I'm a little scared of what kind of google & yahoo referrals that might get me.
Also, we seem to have a ton of words for nothing (nada, nil, zilch, zero, shit, etc.), which would mean as a culture we greatly value nothing. Could answer our love for Seinfeld at least. The other thing that confuses me is my limited number of synonyms for Britney Spears, whom I value greatly especially on long lonely nights in front of my computer while having a conversation with my shadow and counting the number of bumps in the ceiling. But I digress a little. So to recap: we value money, assholes and nothing but not skimpy dressed not-yet-a-woman brainless sex kittens. I'm moving to Auckland...
Top five films about real life assholes (yeah you might have liked them but they were assholes):
5. Dick (Richard Nixon)
4. Man in the Moon (Andy Kauffman)
3. Patton (George Patton)
2. Lenny (Lenny Bruce)
1. Raging Bull (Jake LaMotta)

And just for the record - the best looking ass in a movie was not J. Lo but was Catherine Zeta Jones maneuvering through alarm lasers in Entrapment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home