Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Monday, July 24, 2006

Kegerator Smakk
With the opening of Club 6850, one of my first official purchases was the keg fridge from Best Buy. So on Saturday the little delivery guys show up with my new Kegger on the truck. They unpack the little guy from the box, strategically place him out by the pool per my request, and leave the boxes for me to install the tap and stuff. Then the delivery guy points out, "You may want to check this door out. It's not really sealing right and just comes right open."
So I rush over for the inspection. "Your right. It's not sealing at all. Should you take it back and bring me another?"
Delivery guy respnds, "If we do that it could be a couple weeks. (Audible GASP leaves my throat) The best thing is just set up a service call and they will come in person and fix it within 48 hours."
So the Bunny places the service call for me and the tech calls me back today. "Sorry sir. For any fridge less than 5.6 cubic feet you need to bring back to the store for service."
WTF? Like I'm going to cram Kegger in the back of my bemer and throw it over my shoulder while I skip into Best Buy. Instead I drive myself to Best Buy today to talk to the appliance guy about this BS. He gets on the phone with Best Buy Dis-Service Center and gets the same runaround. While he's haggling away I start to think about what makes the door seal shut anyway. When a fridge gets old the seal starts to let in the air around it and it won't seal shut good anymore. That's about the same time I start to realize that maybe Kegger isn't sealing shut because of the giant hole in the top of the fridge with all the escaping air because I haven't installed to the tap yet. Jesus...I need a beer. doooohhhh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home