Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Monday, November 28, 2005

Meet the Parents Smakk
Well I survived meeting the bunny’s family this weekend in Florida. Papa Rabbit didn’t exactly hook me up to the lie detector machine while I was there, but I’m pretty sure Mr. Retired-Air-Force-Now-In-Charge-of-Running-All-High-Level-Security-Clearances took a few of my fingerprints off the glassware during the weekend. So it wasn’t my exact normal weekend but here’s some of the “highlights”:

Time spent hanging Christmas lights outside – 7 hours
Time spent in local bar down street – 18 minutes
Time spent scrubbing back deck – 2 hours
Time spent at beach – 27 minutes
Time spent talking to Grandma – 13 hours (though I believe I blacked out during the 4th telling of the tractor story)
Time spent talking to drunken full bird Colonel – 1½ hour
Time took for bunny to finish 5k run – 21 minutes
Time took for me to walk over and get a drink while waiting for bunny to finish 5k – 20.5 minutes
Time spent standing up in kitchen having “family time” – 39 hours
Time spent pretending to be sober during “family time” – 39 hours
Time spent waiting in airport for flight delays on return – 4 hours
Time spent waiting in airport after fucking bar closed – 2 LONG hours

So I made it through the weekend and actually thought that all of Bunny’s family and friends were nice folks and good people. They liked to drink, they liked to hang out and they liked to drink. So overall, it was a fun (though not exactly Smakk-like) trip.
And Christmas is right around the corner with my folks in town… I need to start drinking now.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Parents in town? Say hi to the "don" for me.

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Was club 1407 closed for remodeling. The crew drove by and saw closed signs....

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger CaptSmakk said…

    club 1407 will have a grand re-opening this weekeend

     

Post a Comment

<< Home