Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Friday, April 22, 2005

Stolen Smakk
For some reason, I once had this uncontrollable urge to turn clepto when in my intoxicated stage. Luckily this stage has mostly passed. So, top 10 things I have stolen in a drunken stupor:
10. Jim Bean toothpick holder – stuck in ex’s purse while at Café Tutu Tango in Atlanta
9. Lane’s girls – ah, the fine art of cockblocking
8. “McRibs are Back” banner – McDonald’s McRibs…mmmmmm….
7. Pabst Blue Ribbon beer mirror – had to put under my shirt and walk out of Double Dave’s in Austin with friends right in front and behind me because mirror was wider than me
6. Rack of hamburger buns – we ate everything on buns that week - so thank you again McDonalds
5. Bar table – snagged from some bar in Deep Ellum with my drink still on it; the best part here was that I sat it down in an empty parking lot and starting inviting random girls walking by to join me
4. Five Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches – now I know this would not seem a great feat on the surface, so here’s the story. I stole these from some girls’ room at the Hilton on Padre Island during spring break. These girls complained to the hotel manager about our rowdiness the night before. It’s freakin’ spring break!! So with their own sandwiches, my two accomplices and I waited at the end of the hallway until they came out of their room. Once they poked the plastic shorts covered asses out, we proceeded to launch the PB&J’s at them with out handy water balloon launcher. So if you ever visit the 7th floor of the Hilton, please stop by and take a gander at the sandwich fossil embedded in the wall.
3. Black belt karate outfit – really don’t remember how I got this, just woke up wearing it one morning
2. Al the Butcher – walked out of HEB grocery store with life size Al cut out in between me and friend like he was walking with us; check out girls were just cracking up at us
1. Tombstone – yes, I know I will really go to hell for this one. Stole a 100+yr old tombstone with initials F.R.E. on it from a cemetery at the Univ of North Texas during the Fry Street Festival. But it looked great in the flower bed outside my front door.
Top five bank robbery movies:
5. Stir Crazy
4. The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)
3. Heat
2. Dog Day Afternoon
1. Bonnie & Clyde

6 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how about all the things you lost on that 1 random Tuesday......

    ~amber

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger CaptSmakk said…

    I got my phone and Am Ex card back. But I do still miss that jacket...sniff, sniff...

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger CaptSmakk said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger kchertu said…

    Hey Captsmakk,

    Clepto-drunks unite!!!

    I have this little hobby as well. Some of my highlights...

    When I was 19 I stole a huge sombrero off the wall of the Mexican place my underage friends and I would go to drink. The sombrero is still in a closet at my grandmother's house.

    Last month at the beach I stole an 8 ft tall "Shoulder Work Ahead" sign on the walk home from the bar. Put it up in the parking lot of our condo.

    The next night I pulled a stop sign out of the ground. It had an "Elizabeth" road sign on top. I was again stumbling home from the bar. We put it in the living room of condo. Then brought the shoulder at work sign in and threw it on top of our passed out friend and took turns jumping on it.

    2 weeks ago I stood at the check out counter at hooters, my friends and I were talking to the girls, while I'm taking all the large bulbs out of their christmas lights. Then as we were pulling out of our harbor in the boat, I threw them at people.

    Walked behind the bar of our local hangout, while no one was around. Poured all my friends triple jack and cokes.

    In Aruba was walking to my room and by some kind of divine intervention I stumbled and found myself staring at an upopened bottle of wine outside someone's room. I snagged it and we went in to our room and finished it off in about 5 minutes, passed out. The next morning I was scheduled for a massage at 9, I got up, took the bottle out planning to hide it somewhere, but the empty wine chiller was still sitting there, so I put the empty bottle back. I can just imagine that conversation between the guest and the front desk...

    That's all I can remmeber for now, I'm sure there are many more instances, except for one, these are all in the last 2 years.

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger CaptSmakk said…

    Josh -
    Awesome, just awesome. Hitting Vegas tomorrow. So many options to steal.

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi - I really like your blog. I have a website on karate school that you might find of interest. Here's the link. Have a look at it and let me know what you think.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home