Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Popular Smakk
So I have been spending my sober school nights over the last two weeks trying to watch the entire first (and only) season of the failed teen soap, Popular. To best describe it, imagine the OC meets Saved By The Bell. This show is so bad I just can’t keep from watching all 20 episodes. It’s like watching a car wreck between a bus of epileptic nuns and a midget mime in a monster truck. Let me describe one of my favorite episodes to give you an idea of a sample plotline.

The gang rallies together to try and prevent the firing of the gender-bending-cross-dressing shop teacher that announces he would like to become a woman and change his name from Mr. Davis to Ms. Debbie, and he/she has to dress and act like a woman for a year before the clinic will allow him/her to snip off the twig & berries. So the gang decides to fight the school board by giving Ms Debbie a make over, staging a 4 person sit-in (with tents and hibachi) in the school hall, and finally having the kids go to the board meeting with the boys in drag and girls in suits. Alas, the gang loses and Ms Debbie is fired. Now, I should also mention that this is one of the serious episodes and not one of the comedic ones.

My “Zoo Smakk” cartoon from a couple days ago is a Golden Globe winner compare to this. So everyone please rush out and join me in wasting 20 hours of your life. And remember, I was sober for this!!!!

Top five movies that were TV show remakes:
5. Charlie’s Angels (is this really a top 5?)
4. SWAT
3. Starsky & Hutch
2. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn
1. The Fugitive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home