Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Thursday, January 23, 2003

Flying Smakk
Sorry I missed my post yesterday, but had to get up outta bed before noon for the first time in a while since I'm back to working with you other slaves. But I had to fly out of town which gave me something to smakk about that I haven't in awhile - air travel. I love the new enhanced security to make me feel safe about my travel. In the wisdom of airlines and the FAA, you are no longer screened and x-rayed by 6 guys only making $10hr, now you have the added security of being frisked by 30 guys making $8hr that I know must make a bonus for the most clothing they can make you remove. I saw three women in a row get asked if there was wire in their bra. "Nah, that's just the liquid steel I got for implants since they were all out of distilled water." (Why is that water distilled by the way?) And when can we update the damn on-plane safety speech and precautions. For over twenty years, we've still got the same life saving tools of the floating seat cushion and ziplock bag with a tube "if there's a sudden change in cabin pressure." Has no one designed a cheap parachute yet that can fit under the friggin' seat?
Now I must commend Southwest Airlines for their no frills, cheap flights but truly outstanding service. You board one of their flights that's a half hour late and the captain will go supersonic to make it on time. Also, they are the only airline I've flown that will get everyone on board a drink regardless of the flight time. Though this afternoon I did get a double take on order three beers for my trip. She's like, "Sir, the flight time is only 35 minutes." But damn if she didn't take my nine tickets and deliver my threepack right away.
And just as an overall general rule - Delta Sucks. And if you have to go through Atlanta - Delta Sucks Big. That explains that pretty well. So for tonight's films:
Top 5 Films you don't want to watch while on the plane:
5. Final Destination
4. Flight 90: Disaster on the Potomac (TV movie)
3. Airport '77
2. Cast Away
1. Alive

Have a nice flight!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home