Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Monday, June 01, 2009

Carrot Smakk
So I started off the morning with a nice little walk with Carrot to get the juices flowing. Once we get a bout 1/2 mile from house, I hear a "clink". I look down and see Carrot's chain collar lying on the ground and his leash is just draped over his back not connected to anything. For those unaware of the neurotic Carrot, we really not one to be trusted off the leash evident by the countless nights spent combing the neighborhood when he escapes during parties at Club 6850. So with surprising luck, I gently squat down and put my hands around him and he doesn't even try to bolt away. Now what? He has no collar and just tying the leash around his neck seems a little cruel. Knowing I can't trust him to follow me home especially with no ID tags on him any longer, it comes down to the final choice. Yep, I scoop up the neurotic 4o pound mongrel and carry him back home in my arms like some kind of gigantic Chihuahua. I'm sure the neighbors were amused...

2 Comments:

  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Sarah Griffin said…

    I really really wish I could have seen that. Carrot looks extremely uncomfortable being held period. Walking down the sidewalk with him is priceless.

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger troyy88 said…

    Why does everyhting happen a 1/2 mile from your house? First the skys open up and your rained on now carrots chain breaks. I think its a dead zone for CAPTSMAKK.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home