Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Omen Smakk

Now I'm not the biggest believer in omens or signs (and thank God not in karma), but I gotta tell you that I was little nervous flying out of New Orleans last week. I'm not sure if it's just a common coincidence or that we really just remember better the real ironic tragedies in life - like the guy that dies the day after winning the lotto or Christopher Reeves being hurt and paralyzed after playing Superman. We just seem to remember these things more becuase of the irony involved in the situation.

So here's what brought this to my mind. First off, we have all had the thought of our plane coming down in a fireball of death as we get settled in our seat just before take off. But the omen of pending ironic tradegy for me was when the Captain came over the loud speaker on my flight just before we start down the runway and announces, "I would also like to say welcome to the large group of FAA Inspectors that we have on board the plane with us today." Are you fucking kidding me? I could already see the headlines on my crash - "FAA Inspectors Get First Hand View of Airplane Disaster...From Their Own Seats". Excuse me miss, I'll take a double...

1 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    jesus you needed your large flask for that flight

     

Post a Comment

<< Home