Smakk Talk

why just talk if you can talk smakk

Monday, June 18, 2007

Golf Smakk
About to head out to Austin this morning for a little golf tourney at Barton Creek Country Club, so I'll keep this brief. Golfing with the crew is always adventurous. Had a little outing on Saturday morning with LRod & Buster and here are a few highlights:
Monsoon conditions for tee off. Once lightning stops we hit the links. Wish Buster and I would have got a cart with a windshield.
I park cart in giant pond (use to be cart path) at hole one where I can step out on curb and Buster goes ankle deep in water.
I take Buster down a 60 degree slope in the cart. Brakes useless. Lose control as cart starts doing 360's while sliding down hill. We pop up on two wheels but avoid rolling cart with Buster diving for "Oh Jesus" handrails.
LRod slips on bridge and barely avoids face plant. 30 seconds later he busts ass in mud leaving him great "shatted pants" look for remainder of round.
I hit at 265 yard drive with "cheater" 2 iron rescue club. Buster promptly makes plan to visit PGA store after round to get one.
Go into 18 tied with Buster. I promptly put two right in the water. Need miracle chip off the green for the tie. Hit a perfect shot, ball rolling right at cup. Ball takes right hand turn 2 inches from hole because of pebble in path. Buster wins by one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home